Need a dentist right away? Our dental clinic welcomes same-day walk-ins and is equipped to deal with dental emergencies.
Broken or chipped teeth
- Use warm water to rinse your mouth.
- Apply pressure to any part of the mouth that is bleeding.
- Continue pressure until bleeding subsides.
- Reduce swelling or pain on the outside of the mouth by applying a cold compress.
- Swing by Centre Clinico-Dentaire as soon as possible.
Toothaches and dental infection
- Swollen gums can be caused by food. Be sure to remove any residual food with floss.
- Apply cold compresses to the exterior of the mouth to reduce swelling.
- As a temporary measure, non-prescription medication can be taken as recommended. Be careful not to apply painkillers or aspirin directly to the gums near the aching tooth since this can burn the tissue.
- Toothache and swelling can indicate an infection so be sure to see your dentist as quickly as possible.
Knocked-out or avulsed tooth
- Find the tooth and if it is dirty, rinse it lightly with a saline solution.
- Be sure never to scrub a knocked out tooth or remove any of the tissue attached to it.
- Try placing the tooth back in place as gently as possible (do not force it into the socket).
- If reinsertion fails, place the tooth in a container of milk or saline solution and see a dentist as soon as possible.
Get In Touch
Mon—Thu: 08.30 AM—06.00 PM
Sat: 08.30 AM—01.00 PM
- 4755 rue Jarry Est, Montreal, QC H1R 1X7